Meanwhile, my stadium got some more paint as I managed to procure some more acrylic. Note to self, poster paint doesn't work...
Thursday, 14 May 2015
Just a short blog article today.
I was clearing through my piles of miniatures and came to the decision that they need to be sold off, I simply don't have enough space to house all of them and they can go to a new home where they'll be appreciated!
So, just to immortalise what I have, I thought I'd blog my better painted stuff. And here is the first of many, my Bolt Action Japanese.
Sunday, 10 May 2015
During our weekly meet, we got to grips with more of our Mordheim campaign games. I took on Macca's Norse raiders in the gardens of some priest that my Beastmen cared not for, because my Beastmen Shaman had been taken prisoner! Using the newer scenarios, we played a mission where my guys were *suppose* to be sneaky, but being the Beastmen they are... They ran in all cow bells ringing.
Friday, 8 May 2015
So while I was waiting for the Spray Paint to dry on a whole new range of miniatures to paint, I went out, bought a small piece of foam board and started building the next piece to the blood bowl stadium. I envisioned a waterfall flowing into the stadium and the pitch to be slightly flooded. So after many various mistakes with a hot glue gun, loads of slicing and dicing, and then hitting with a broken brick, I ended up with the below result.
Thursday, 7 May 2015
The time has come, my E-Reptile Dysfunction need a home. A stadium to call their own! Well, I did want to do some painting, I have a commission by Riot at RiotvilleonFire, but the shitty English weather was dreadful and I didn't want to risk spray painting in humid weather.
So having picked up this bit of insulation foam very cheap, I think it's time to start building.
So this is the first time I have built something this big! And I have sifting through a huge amount of blogs/photos/articles on how to build Lizardmen themed scenery and I do have a plan on how to build my stadium.
But first lets get the basics built. Meaning I need pitch, first and for most.
I had to resort to using a saw as a set square to get some perfect lines, but it worked, and after a copious amount of maths, I have all the points marked and time to start scouring the foam.
I first used a pencil, then once all the lines were marked, I went through them with the blunt end of an old Paint brush, just to give the squares a more rugged, stone look.
I'm not content with the uniformity of the squares, so I used a knife to hack away to break up some of the stones. I assume that through the Lustrian Jungles the pitch wouldn't be in the best of conditions!
This took me close to 2 hours to do, but I am very happy with the product afterwards.
Now comes the pain staking process of painting. Weeks ago, I stopped at a store called Tiger and picked up a cheap bottle of black acrylic paint. It was £1 and having looked at it I didn't think it would cover the whole pitch but low and behold, when mixed with hot water, it actually covered the whole thing!
Not bad for a £1 tube of black paint. The Hot water mixed in helps a lot for the paint to cover the cracks and seep into the nooks and crannies.
That's as far as I got in an evening. And probably tomorrow il go and give it a few layers of grey.
But this is seeming to become my summer project and I have loads of crazy ideas floating around my head for stadium decor!
Saturday, 2 May 2015
What a week it has been! It kicked off with some WarmaHordes action Thursday night, proceeded to Salute on Saturday, and then Tanelorn gaming club Thursday afterwards!
In between games, I've been busy with commission work and reviews so when I should be studying for my Finals, I'm playing with toy soldiers... GREAT TIMES!!
Creative Biscuit Cafe Woodford
So on the last Thursday of every month, we get together to play some small games of WarmaHordes. I took on the Cafe owner Tim with my Farrow who, only hours earlier, had failed copious amounts of easy dice rolls (AGAIN) in a warm up game.