So while I was waiting for the Spray Paint to dry on a whole new range of miniatures to paint, I went out, bought a small piece of foam board and started building the next piece to the blood bowl stadium. I envisioned a waterfall flowing into the stadium and the pitch to be slightly flooded. So after many various mistakes with a hot glue gun, loads of slicing and dicing, and then hitting with a broken brick, I ended up with the below result.
After the initial layering of foam and cutting to shape, I didn't feel the cliffs had enough ruggedness to it. So I took a brick and imprinted the stone effect onto the cliff face, and in general just roughed it up a little.
Again, some watered down black acrylic paint with hot water. I also put a bit of PVA in the mix, just to seal the foam. I'm going to have to spray it with watered down PVA after anyway to make sure the piece holds together.
I did manage to get a few layers of paint onto the main pitch and mark out the lines. Nothing fancy, just dry brushes of various greys. The trenches you see on either side are goings to be filled with water effects and some aquatic plants filled in, to represent the end zones for touchdowns!
Overall I'm pleased with how it's turning out. It's a nice project which I can progress through the summer. And now the weather has picked up, I do have some models sprayed so they can be painted. Just got to get through exam week and it's a whole summer of painting and gaming!