The time has come, my E-Reptile Dysfunction need a home. A stadium to call their own! Well, I did want to do some painting, I have a commission by Riot at RiotvilleonFire, but the shitty English weather was dreadful and I didn't want to risk spray painting in humid weather.
So having picked up this bit of insulation foam very cheap, I think it's time to start building.
So this is the first time I have built something this big! And I have sifting through a huge amount of blogs/photos/articles on how to build Lizardmen themed scenery and I do have a plan on how to build my stadium.
But first lets get the basics built. Meaning I need pitch, first and for most.
I had to resort to using a saw as a set square to get some perfect lines, but it worked, and after a copious amount of maths, I have all the points marked and time to start scouring the foam.
I first used a pencil, then once all the lines were marked, I went through them with the blunt end of an old Paint brush, just to give the squares a more rugged, stone look.
I'm not content with the uniformity of the squares, so I used a knife to hack away to break up some of the stones. I assume that through the Lustrian Jungles the pitch wouldn't be in the best of conditions!
This took me close to 2 hours to do, but I am very happy with the product afterwards.
Now comes the pain staking process of painting. Weeks ago, I stopped at a store called Tiger and picked up a cheap bottle of black acrylic paint. It was £1 and having looked at it I didn't think it would cover the whole pitch but low and behold, when mixed with hot water, it actually covered the whole thing!
Not bad for a £1 tube of black paint. The Hot water mixed in helps a lot for the paint to cover the cracks and seep into the nooks and crannies.
That's as far as I got in an evening. And probably tomorrow il go and give it a few layers of grey.
But this is seeming to become my summer project and I have loads of crazy ideas floating around my head for stadium decor!